The Bloomberg Media Initiative Africa, in partnership with Ford Foundation, are seeking concept notes for the Community Media Fund that will strengthen the existing media landscape in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa and contribute to governance reforms.
Are you involved in any initiatives or projects aimed at strengthening the role of community media in promoting good governance in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa? Do you have experience in the field of community media? Are you interested in building the capacity of the media to take a pro-active role as a watchdog in society?
What are we looking for?
Concept notes from eligible organizations implementing interventions in the following priority thematic areas:
- Producing and disseminating content on host communities; and or
- Focusing on issues of transparency, accountability, financial literacy and data access through community media.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants that are:
- Africa-centered and headquartered: Civil society organization (CSO)/non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting community media; or media training institutions; or community media outlets affiliated with educational institutions; or network of community media; or CSO/NGO supporting initiatives that increase the visibility of emerging non-traditional reporters; or a CSO/NGO focusing on transparency, accountability and financial literacy at the community level.
- Registered in accordance with the relevant laws of Kenya or Nigeria or South Africa.
- Already experienced in carrying out activities in priority areas of this Request For Proposals (RFP), specifically: producing and disseminating content on their host communities, and/or focusing on issues of transparency, accountability, financial literacy and data access through community media.
- Directly responsible for the preparation, implementation and management of the proposed project.
- In possession of a bank account and willing to open a separate account for the grant; and
- In possession of certified financial audit reports.
See more details of the Request for Proposals (RFPs) in the right side bar.
What do we offer?
The CMF will have two rounds of call for proposals. This is the first round. The total amount of funding available for grants in this round is USD 300,000. The minimum grant amount is $10,000 USD.
Projects will run between 6 and 12 months upon signing of the Grant Agreement. All project activities and submission of final reports must be completed as per the agreement.
How to apply
Download the Cocept Note Submission Template from the right side bar and submit to email@example.com with the subject line: Community Media Fund, Phase 1, 2017. All applications should be submitted by 5th April 2017.
The following conditions apply for the application procedure:
- Each organization is limited to the submission of a concept note.
- Only those concept notes using the prescribed template will be considered.
- Proposals must be completed in English.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions can be directed to the Programme Manager on the right side bar.
For more information about the Community Media Fund, click on the following link.