Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. Our primary focus is achieving structural change through cooperation with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. Our work in the agricultural sector promotes increased supply and access to affordable and healthy food as well as supporting sustainable agricultural policies that promote diverse and climate resilient food systems from government and private sector.
Hivos has received USD 756,000 financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) through Oxfam Novib, who are the lead partner in a four year project called: Upscaling Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) Methodology in Kenya that runs from May 2018 to April 2022. The project seeks to scale up the use of Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) methodologies in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria. This call is seeking to identify potential partner organizations that will support the implementation of the project in Kenya.
Priority areas for funding
Priority will be given to Organizations, both in Private Sector and Civil Society (Including universities and academia, research institutions etc) that have grassroots presence, with expertise and experience in the use of Household methodologies, including GALS, and knowledge management, and have a desire to scale up the use of these methodologies
Organizations including consortiums, registered and operating in Kenya whose areas include at least any of the following:
- Gender and Women Empowerment.
- Knowledge management.
- Research and development.
Deadline and other requirements
- All applications must be sent completed using the Application form.
- All applications must be in word or pdf format and Ms excel for the Budget.
- The application form must not exceed a total of 15 pages.
- The applicants must submit a maximum two page document that highlights their suitability by way of Skills, Expertise, experience, innovative methodologies, networks and linkages in relation to the upcoming empowerment project.
- The deadline for submissions is 15 June 2018 at 5:30 pm East African Time.
- Submissions should be sent to the following address: GrantsEA@hivos.org with the Subject line: Empowerment @scale
A detailed copy of the Full Terms of Reference and Application Form can be downloaded from the right side bar
The issuance of this Request for proposals does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Hivos.