The Kenya Federation of Agricultural Producers (KENFAP) announces a call for Expression of Interest for the purchase of Gold Standard Verified Emission Reductions (GS-VERs) that will become available in 2014 and 2015 and for a first right of refusal for the additional GS-VERs that will become available in the period 2016 – 2019.
KENFAP implements a domestic Biodigester programme among rural households. To date some 9000 digesters have been installed. Domestic biogas digesters have many benefits for the household (e.g. clean gas for cooking, organic manure for agricultural application), but also generate Greenhouse Gas emission reductions. These emission reductions are being developed as Gold Standard VERs. Towards the end of 2014 approximately 38.000 tCO2e and in 2015 25.000 tCO2e will become available for purchase.
Interested companies and organisations can submit their expressions of interest in buying these VERs indicating:
- Specific Volume of VERs and price offer
- Payment and other conditions
Requirements for interested companies or organisations:
- Proven Track Record in emission trading
- Evidence of CDM and GS account
- Demonstrate willingness and capacity to provide support services to monitoring and verification of the credits
- Proven commitment to social, environmental and decent business principles
- Evidence of own communication materials (e.g. web site, newsletters) addressing the causes and solutions to climate change
Expressions of interest can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before August 21, 2013, 12:00 a.m. GMT. Only electronically provided documents will be taken into account. All parties who have expressed their interest will receive confirmation of receipt.
Questions about this expression of interest can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers will be given in one batch on August 15, 2013 and will be sent to all parties that have posed questions. Questions handed in after August 12, 2013 will be regarded as time barred.