Hivos East Africa is seeking to hire a consultant to carry out a baseline survey for its Empowerment@Scale Project in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria. The project is being implemented by a Consortium with Oxfam Novib as a lead partner.
Funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the project seeks to propose a mechanism for facilitating the set-up and professionalisation of Empowerment Learning Centres (ELC) engaging with IFAD-supported projects and other actors for capacity development on Household Methodologies (HHM) like Gender Action Learning System (GALS) maintaining key principles such as gender equality, empowerment, and participation.
By linking the ELCs into Regional Hubs and national/regional networks and a global platform, the Consortium will create a strong knowledge and evidence base to support scaling up of the gender transformative HHM. With rural women and men, the consortium will develop and package new approaches to HHM for working for instance with youth; integration into rural finance programmes; and for engaging with the private sector to achieve gender equality and social inclusion in rural value chains
Download the complete Terms of Reference here.
Application process and requirements
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
A detailed technical and financial proposal clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this ToR (both components) and including but not limited to the following;
- Company profile (where applicable).
- Description of the methodology and sample size determination
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar tasks and other qualifications outlined in this ToR.
- Proposed data management plan.
- Proposed timeframe detailing activities and a work plan.
- Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member (include CVs of each team member).
- A detailed budget with breakdown of costs for the study quoted both in USD.
All proposals should be sent electronically with attachments in pdf and a subject line: Baseline Survey Application – Empowerment@Scale Project to email@example.com not later than 25th July 2018.