The AgriProFocus network is an international multi-stakeholder network with Dutch Roots representing agri-entrepreneurs, private sector enterprises, governments, knowledge institutions and civil society organisations in the agribusiness sector. They are active in 10 countries in Africa and Southeast Asia, and link 25,000 agribusiness professionals worldwide. AgriProFocus network in Kenya has been active since 2009 and is hosted by Hivos.
AgriProFocus offers concrete network building, Linking, Learning and Leadership solutions to identify opportunities and address challenges in the agribusiness sector. Through network building, AgriProFocus creates a culture of collaboration for sharing information, opportunities, challenges and exploring potential for joint action. The Linking solutions are focused on facilitating new collaboration and partnerships between different stakeholders. The Learning solutions are creating and facilitating the learning environment for stakeholders to learn from and with each other. And the network’s Leadership solutions facilitate the space for stakeholders to set and influence the agenda. These network solutions serve as ‘building blocks’ for our programs where we cultivate collaboration for collective impact.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Country Network Facilitator. You will be the team’s multi-stakeholder process specialist and work directly with our partners in the Kenyan network to develop strong joint programs that contribute to making agribusiness work for development in Kenya. The Network facilitator will achieve this by:
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships and partnerships with private sector, producer organizations, development sector – NGOs, donor agencies and financial institutions active in the agri-food sector.
- Facilitating a brokering and linking role between network stakeholders.
- Scout and actively mobilize for opportunities for joint action with partners as well as spearhead resource mobilization for AgriProFocus services and products.
- Developing and managing business networking and learning platforms.
- Proactively engage and develop strong collaboration with strategic partners in the agri-food and business sector.
- Spearhead business development by identifying opportunities for AgriProFocus to develop services under our key service areas – Linking, Learning and Leadership.
- Together with other AgriProFocus networks, identify, design and promote regional opportunities for business development.
- Organize business networking platforms with and for AgriProFocus partners and stakeholders including B2B, finance fairs, marketplaces amongst others, and identify and follow up new business partnerships opportunities.
- Continuously manage partner relations to understand and position AgriProFocus as a relevant and the go to network for our members and partners.
- Develop and continuously update a database of actors in the agribusiness sector in Kenya.
- Using a programmatic approach, develop compelling concepts and programs to facilitate linking, learning and leadership activities for the network.
- Continuously map out the funding landscape and identify opportunities that AgriProFocus can tap into at national, regional and international level.
- Identify and approach potential donors and funders for different program proposals
- Contribute to the strategic planning processes for AgriProFocus Kenya.
- Contribute to developing both internal and external reports.
- Spearhead the monitoring, evaluation and learning both internally and externally funded programs.
- Spearhead the internal learning processes of the Kenya team
- Represent AgriProFocus in relevant forums and meetings and invite potential members to join AgriProFocus network.
- A relevant university degree; agribusiness management, agricultural economics, project management are an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the agri-food, business and donor community in the East African region.
- Minimum of 4-6 years work experience at a senior level position with good knowledge on private sector development, of which 3 years should be in the agri-food sector.
- Experience and effective skills in facilitating multi-stakeholder group processes; facilitating learning and engagement.
- Excellent presenter, communicator, relationship builder, facilitator, mediator and networker.
- Very strong background and experience in resource mobilization and the ability to develop winning proposals to potential donors.
- Have professional networks within the private and development sector actors in the agri-food sector.
- Experience in research and developing business cases.
- Excellent understanding in designing monitoring and evaluation processes as well as extensive experience in using different monitoring, evaluation and learning tools.
- Experienced in use of, and active on online social networks.
- Have effective communication skills in English.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS office and Google for business applications.
- Pleasant, positive and learning attitude and ability to interact well with others as well as willing to receive feedback.
- Work independently to a high standard and integrity.
- Well-structured and organised with ability to write reports and business correspondence.
The country network facilitator reports to the country coordinator and has a functional relation to the Monitoring and evaluation coordinator in The Netherlands and works in close collaboration with the network facilitators in other AgriProFocus networks.
Kindly visit SkillsMap and submit your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.