Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Background of assignment
Hivos East Africa is implementing the Sustainable Diets for All (SD4All) programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In East Africa, 4 partners have been contracted to support implementation of improvement of the national and local food systems in order to achieve a more sustainable, affordable, healthy, nutritious, acceptable and affordable foods for low-income citizens. The programme focuses on lobby and advocacy (influencing policies and practices of market and government actors) and strengthening of advocacy capacities of civil society actors in implementing countries.
Hivos East Africa will hold a training workshop for the contracted partners on Monitoring and Evaluation and Communications for partners in Nairobi, Kenya from 28 January – 1 February 2019. The aim of the training workshop is to enhance the capacities of partner organisations on how to effectively lobby and advocate for the SD4All goal. It also contributes to sustainability of civil society organisations to be effective policy influencers and therefore in the end, to continuing transformation of food systems (production and consumption) and an ongoing effective dialogue with stakeholders like the government, research institutes, media and private sector, at local, national and international level.
Engagement of a rapporteur
Hivos East Africa therefore seeks to engage a rapporteur to record the proceedings from 28 January -1 February 2019.
The Rapporteur is expected to:
- Capture the salient points arising during the 5 day meeting including but not limited to, presentations from facilitators, and proceedings of the workshop;
- Full report of the proceedings with pictures, presentations from facilitators/experts and participants.
- Generate a consolidated report for the workshop and submit the same to the designated staff of Hivos in a timely manner.
- The rapporteur will produce edited report, in the agreed style and structure. The report needs to be written in a clear and concise manner.
- The assignment shall not be completed later than 15 February 2019.
Please submit expression of interest, with CV, some samples of previous work and quoting the remuneration for this task before 20 January 2019. Direct your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Engagement of Rapporteur for SD4ALL Training Workshop for Partners